The COVID-19 Vaccine Management System (CVMS) is a secure, cloud-based vaccine management solution for COVID-19 that enables vaccine management and data sharing across North Carolina providers, hospitals, agencies, and local, state, and federal governments on one common platform.
1. How can I register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
During the initial phase of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, Healthcare Providers and selected employers will be identifying and uploading their Phase 1 eligible employees into CVMS. In future phases, individuals will be able to register themselves in CVMS.
2. Do I have to have an email to register in the CVMS Recipient Portal to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, having an email is not required. Recipients without an email address are able to be registered in CVMS by the provider at the time of their COVID-19 vaccination. However, receiving second dose reminders via email would not be possible with a valid email address in CVMS.
3. What if I need to update my registration information in the CVMS Recipient Portal?
A recipient can access their account in the CVMS Recipient Portal at any time to update their responses. The link to the CVMS Recipient Portal is https://covid-vaccine-portal.ncdhhs.gov/.
4. After a recipient completes their registration in CVMS, will they be told if they are eligible or not?
Yes, recipients that complete their registration in the CVMS Recipient Portal will see their Eligibility status in CVMS.
5. Is there a way for recipients to opt out in CVMS, or do they just not set up their profile?
If a recipient prefers not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, they do not need to complete the set-up and registration process in the CVMS Recipient Portal. We do recommend recipients save the welcome email they may receive in case they decide later to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
6. When will the CVMS Recipient Portal support Spanish community members
The NC Immunization Branch understand the importance of making CVMS accessible to our Spanish-speaking community members, and is prioritizing the translation of the recipient-facing components of the CVMS Recipient Portal to Spanish.
7. How can a recipient get proof of vaccination?
Yes, recipients can obtain a proof of vaccination by accessing the CVMS Recipient Portal. Please see the CVMS Recipient Portal User Guide located on the NC Immunization Branch’s website under the CVMS Recipient Portal section: https://immunize.nc.gov/providers/covid-19training.htm.